The teams are working to bring all 2020 performers and vendors back for 2021. We are all in this together, and together we will go on and get through these troubled times.
Windscape Kite festival, which was founded in 2005, annually brings more than 11,000 fans to Swift Current on the summer solstice to watch the mastery of over 40 professional kite makers and performers from around the globe. The 2020 edition of the event would have featured artists from Belgium, Washington, Oregon, Montana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, and of course, Saskatchewan. We look forward to having all these artists back June 19th and 20th, 2021.
Long Day's Night Music Festival was established in 2003 and showcases upcoming Saskatchewan and Canadian musicians of a variety of genres under our beautiful starry skies. We are working to bring you a fantastic festival on June 17th to 20th, 2021.
In the meantime, we wish you all good health and to remain strong and positive in these very trying times.
Step 2: Volunteer Commitment
Minimum Age Requirement:
- Windscape Kite Festival volunteers must be 13 years of age or older.
- Children under 13 years of age interested in volunteering must be accompanied by an adult. We encourage families to volunteer together. If this is of interest to you, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- Long Day’s Night Music Festival volunteers must be 19 years of age or older. Priority will be given to volunteers that also work a minimum of one Windscape Kite Festival shift.
Police Record Checks (PRC):
All new volunteers 18 years or older are requested to provide a Safe Places Certification Number OR complete a criminal record and vulnerable sector background check their first year. Returning volunteers are asked to complete a new PRC every three years thereafter.
2019 Volunteer Shifts:
- June 17 – 21 (Monday to Friday) – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Site set-up and preparation
- June 20 – 23 (Thursday to Sunday) – 6:30 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. – Long Day’s Night Music Festival
- June 22 – 23 (Saturday & Sunday) – 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Windscape Kite Festival
- June 22 – 23 (Saturday & Sunday) – 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Windscape Kite Festival
Orientation, Job Specific Training and Pizza Party:
All volunteers are asked to attend an Orientation and Job Specific Training session on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. at the festival site. Free pizza will follow the orientation.
- A complimentary pass to the Sunday evening Long Day’s Night Music Festival concert.
- Volunteer T-shirt.
- A Volunteer Certificate.
- Free bag including a water bottle.
- One raffle entry for each shift worked for a chance to win one of four great prize packages.
- First priority for Long Day’s Night Music Festival volunteer shifts.
- Refreshments and snacks in the volunteer lounge during Windscape shifts.
- Windscape volunteers working 8 or more hours will be provided lunch.
- The opportunity to be part of creating a memorable experience for over 10,000 people.
- A chance to be part of a volunteer community and make new friends.
- Great work experience.
Our Commitment to Volunteers:
We consider volunteers to be a valuable and important part of our festival staff. We value volunteering as a means for people to share, learn, and connect with our community. We greatly respect the time, skills and dedication that our volunteers bring to the festivals each year. We are committed to providing appropriate and safe responsibilities, applicable orientation and training, effective leadership, fair evaluation and meaningful recognition for all volunteers.
Volunteer Standards of Conduct:
We all play an important role in the success of the Windscape Kite Festival and Long Day’s Night Music Festival. We bear a responsibility to ourselves, to others and to the not-for-profit organization to uphold the following standards of conduct:
We treat everyone with respect (responsibility for oneself)
- be kind and positive, to each other and the public
- know what’s expected of you and do your job to the best of your ability
- fulfill all your volunteer responsibilities
- smile and have fun
We work as a team (responsibility to others)
- share views and information proactively
- offer help when needed
- engage in collaborative problem-solving
- express appreciation for the collective efforts of all
We are ambassadors of the Windscape Kite Festival and Long Day’s Night Music Festival (responsibility to the not-for-profit organization)
- contribute to the not-for-profit organization’s mission and vision
- represent the not-for-profit organization in a positive way, and encourage this positive behaviour in others
- respect the property and information of the not-for-profit organization
- celebrate, share and spread the good news about the festivals year-round