Minimum Age Requirement:
- SaskPower Windscape Kite Festival volunteers must be 13 years of age or older.
- Children under 13 years of age interested in volunteering must be accompanied by an adult. We encourage families to volunteer together. If this is of interest to you, please contact Verena at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- Long Day’s Night Music Festival volunteers must be 19 years of age or older. Priority will be given to volunteers that also work a minimum of one SaskPower Windscape Kite Festival shift.
Police Record Checks (PRC):
All new volunteers 18 years or older are asked to complete a criminal record and vulnerable sector background check their first year. Returning volunteers are asked to complete a new PRC every three years thereafter.
2016 Volunteer Shifts:
- June 21 – 23 (Tuesday to Thursday) – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Site set-up and preparation
- June 23 – 26 (Thursday to Sunday) – 6:30 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. – Long Day’s Night Music Festival
- June 25 – 26 (Saturday & Sunday) – 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – SaskPower Windscape Kite Festival
- June 25 – 26 (Saturday & Sunday) – 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – SaskPower Windscape Kite Festival
Orientation, Job Specific Training and Pizza Party:
All volunteers are asked to attend an Orientation and Job Specific Training session on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at the festival site. Free pizza will follow the orientation.
- A complimentary pass to the Sunday evening Long Day’s Night Music Festival concert featuring The Matinee.
- Volunteer T-shirt and bandana.
- Free bag including a water bottle, pen and coupons.
- One raffle entry for each shift worked for a chance to win one of four great prize packages.
- First priority for Long Day’s Night Music Festival volunteer shifts.
- Refreshments and snacks in the volunteer lounge during Windscape shifts.
- Windscape volunteers working 8 or more hours will be provided lunch.
- Set-up volunteers working 8 or more hours will receive a complimentary pass to the Thursday night concert.
- The opportunity to be part of creating a memorable experience for over 10,000 people.
- A chance to be part of a volunteer community and make new friends.
- Great work experience.
Our Commitment to Volunteers:
We consider volunteers to be a valuable and important part of our festival staff. We value volunteering as a means for people to share, learn, and connect with our community. We greatly respect the time, skills and dedication that our volunteers bring to the festivals each year. We are committed to providing appropriate and safe responsibilities, applicable orientation and training, effective leadership, fair evaluation and meaningful recognition for all volunteers.
Volunteer Standards of Conduct:
We all play an important role in the success of the SaskPower Windscape Kite Festival and Long Day’s Night Music Festival. We bear a responsibility to ourselves, to others and to the organization to uphold the following standards of conduct:
We treat everyone with respect (responsibility for oneself)
- be kind and positive, to each other and the public
- know what’s expected of you and do your job to the best of your ability
- fulfill all your volunteer responsibilities
- smile and have fun
We work as a team (responsibility to others)
- share views and information proactively
- offer help when needed
- engage in collaborative problem-solving
- express appreciation for the collective efforts of all
We are ambassadors of the SaskPower Windscape Kite Festival and Long Day’s Night Music Festival (responsibility to the organization)
- contribute to the organization’s mission and vision
- represent the organization in a positive way, and encourage this positive behaviour in others
- respect the property and information of the organization
- celebrate, share and spread the good news about the festivals year-round